LASER ADDiTiVE MASTERBATCH
The laser marking procedure enables permanent markings to be made on plastic surfaces with a visually controlled laser beam.
Material optimisation with 2% - 3% addition of laser additives is often essential for achieving an optimal marking contrast. The wavelength required for this, around 1064 nm, can be generated by three different light or diode-pumped laser systems, the neodymium YAG laser, the neodymium vanadate laser and the fibre laser.
DiVERSiTY iN PRACTiCE
laser marking applications:
- Promotion codes in beverage caps
- Barcodes and QR codes
- Food and cosmetics packaging with logos, scales, product information, expiry dates or decorative designs
- Marking animal ear tags
- Safety seals
- Security tags/plagiarism protection
- Interior and exterior automotive accessories
- Cables and pipes
- Electronic components
- Medical products and laboratory equipment
THE CHOiCE iS YOURS
Our masterbatch is suitable for processing in injection moulding, hollow body injection moulding and for the extrusion of thick-walled products. We can also provide masterbatches for film extrusion upon request. You have the choice between purely laser additive masterbatches or combination masterbatches, consisting of carrier polymer, additives and the colour of your choice.
Three kinds of marking colours are possible:
- Dark marking (carbonisation)
- Light marking (foaming)
- Coloured marking (on black)
The polymer type influences the tendency to achieve a light or a dark colour change (with 1064nm wavelength)
A completely transparent laser additive has been developed over a period many years. It offers total transparency in clear plastics and enables dark depth marking that is gentle on surfaces and has an extremely good contrast.
OPACiTY OR TRANSLUCENCE
Through intensive development work, our German laser competence centre has developed formulations using special pigments. The visual properties of these pigments can be modified using a laser from complete opacity to a desired degree of translucency. The numerous applications of this powerful technology range from back-lit switches to cosmetics packaging and elements for decorative applications. For opaque applications logos and fancy designs can be achieved impressively.
LASER TRANSMiSSiON WELDiNG
Laser transmission welding has become increasingly important over the last few years, so we are dedicated intensively to the development of this product line.
A permeable plastic part for the wavelength being used is placed on a laser light-absorbing join partner at the site to be welded. This is fused onto the contact surface with laser radiation and connected to the overlying join partner. For this, laser wavelengths of 808 nm, 940 nm, 980 nm and 1064 nm are used. We offer optimised laser welding masterbatches for all types of process variants.
- Invisible weld seams
- Local energy input enables welding of sensitive components
- No generation of abrasion particles or adhesive residue
- Weld seams are possible near electronic components
- Vibration-free welding method
- Various housings of small sizes (remote control keys, pumps etc.)
- Window frames with an integrated pane
- Vehicle lights and bumpers
- Microflow reactors for gases and liquids
- Liquid containers inside engine compartment